Last month Singapore Airlines confirmed its flight schedules for the northern summer season from April 2023 through to October 2023, including days of operation and aircraft type allocation, and we’re now taking the opportunity update to our longstanding guide to the carrier’s First Class and Suites cabin products, by route and individual flight number.
While SIA operates one of five different Business Class seat types on every single route across its network, it’s not the same story for the carrier’s most prestigious First Class cabins, which were even completely withdrawn for a year between June 2020 and June 2021, due to aircraft groundings caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since then First Class and Suites have happily made a progressive return to key destinations on the Singapore Airlines network, with 15 cities now seeing regular operation with these sought-after products.
Only two seat types remain
Before COVID-19 there were four different First Class and Suites cabin products still in service with Singapore Airlines, depending on the aircraft type and route or flight number you were travelling on.
However, the carrier confirmed back in November 2020 that all 12 of its Airbus A380s returning to the fleet would feature the latest Suites refit prior to re-entry to service, meaning we had already seen the end of the longstanding 2007 Suites from the Singapore Airlines network.
Additionally, premature retirement of the Boeing 777-300 (non-ER) aircraft meant we had already seen the last of the 2006 First Class cabin.
That leaves only one First Class and one Suites product in use across the fleet, as shown below.
Changes in 2023
Before we get into the route and flight number tables for First Class and Suites products on the network, it’s worth pointing out that between now and the end of October 2023 Singapore Airlines is tweaking the distribution of these cabins, most notably as follows:
- Auckland loses First Class from 26th March 2023, for the northern summer season.
- Delhi gets the A380 back (having lost it in December 2022), during selected periods next summer.
- Frankfurt and New York lose their Suites product from mid-May 2023, as we reported last year, with Boeing 777-300ERs taking over.
- Jakarta drops from three daily to two daily flights with First Class.
- London gets three daily A380 flights with the latest Suites during the peak June and July holiday period.
- Melbourne and Sydney get once and twice daily A380 Suites respectively from mid-May.
- Tokyo Haneda sees the return of First Class for the first time in nearly three years this summer, twice daily initially, then once daily from May onwards.
First Class and Suites cabins by route and flight number
We’ve updated our seat type list through to the end of the IATA northern summer 2023 season (from now until 28th October 2023) to help you avoid the guesswork by offering an A-Z destination list, flight number by flight number, for each of these two seat types.
To view flight number list and the corresponding seat or suite type information, click the route of your choice to expand the table.
Routes are to and from Singapore (SIN).
Updated: 21st January 2023
Valid until: 28th October 2023