SingSaver has partnered with HSBC to offer a great deal for new-to-bank customers successfully applying for three of its credit cards, with the option of receiving up to S$330 cashback or an iRobot Roomba 692 robot vacuum cleaner worth S$818.
A minimum spend of S$500 applies, by the end of the next calendar month following your card account opening month.
To be considered a new-to-bank applicant, you must:
- not hold any existing HSBC credit card; and
- have not cancelled any HSBC credit card within the last 12 months prior to the card application
Those who fulfil the promotion criteria and make the required spend will be entitled to one of the following sign-up gifts, which will be made on the SingSaver Rewards Redemption Form and once submitted, cannot be changed.
- iRobot Roomba 692 (worth S$818); or
- S$300 Cash via PayNow
The iRobot vacuum cleaner is an expensive piece of kit, but S$300 cash via PayNow is also the highest historically offered for HSBC credit card sign-ups.
Provided you apply with Myinfo via Singpass, HSBC will also award all applicants a further S$30 cashback, whichever SingSaver gift they have selected.
If you go for the full cashback deal, that’s S$330 in total – the equivalent of 66% cashback on the first S$500 spend.Pro Tip: If you’re struggling to make the S$500 minimum spend on this card, consider buying Dairy Farm or NTUC vouchers via contactless payment. You can then use these for future purchases at Cold Storage, Guardian or Fairprice.
The offer is available to those applying for the following HSBC credit cards:
|HSBC Revolution||APPLY HERE|
|HSBC Advance||APPLY HERE|
|HSBC Visa Platinum||APPLY HERE|
For most of our miles-chasing readers, if you’re new to HSBC credit cards you’ll be wanting to look closely at the HSBC Revolution in our opinion.
Here are our 10 good reasons why this fee-free option deserves a place in your wallet!
HSBC typically offers S$200 cashback when applying, so this SingSaver offer is worth at least 50% more cash.
You must make your application by 13th October 2021 and have your card account approved by 15th November 2021 to be eligible for the deal.
Full terms and conditions for the offer are available here (see ‘HSBC credit card’, from page 10).
Qualifying spend period
The qualifying spend period to unlock the selected sign-up bonus is based on the date your card account is opened, as follows:
|Card Opening Date||Qualifying Spend Period|
|23 – 30 Sep 2021||23 Sep – 31 Oct 2021|
|1 – 13 Oct 2021||1 Oct – 30 Nov 2021|
Your minimum spend of S$500 to qualify for this sign-up bonus does not include the following categories:
- Foreign exchange transactions (including but not limited to Forex.com);
- Donations and payments to charitable, social organisations and religious organisations;
- Quasi-cash transactions (including but not limited to transactions relating to money orders, traveler’s checks, gaming related transactions, lottery tickets and gambling);
- Payments made to financial institutions, securities brokerages or dealers (including but not limited to the trading of securities, investments or crypto-currencies of any kind);
- Payments on money payments/transfers (including but not limited to Paypal, SKR skrill.com, CardUp, SmoovPay, iPayMy);
- Payments to any professional services provider (including but not limited to GOOGLE Ads, Facebook Ads, Amazon Web Services, MEDIA TRAFFIC AGENCY INC);
- Top-ups, money transfers or purchase of credits of prepaid cards, stored-value cards or e-wallets (including but not limited to EZ-Link, Transitlink, NETS Flashpay and Youtrip);
- Payments in connection with any government institutions and/or services (including but not limited to court costs, fines, bail and bond payment);
- Any AXS and ATM transactions;
- Tax payments (except HSBC Tax Payment Facility);
- Payments for cleaning, maintenance and janitorial services (including property management fees);
- Payments to insurance companies (including but not limited to sales, underwriting, premiums and insurance services);
- Payments to educational institutions;
- Payments on utilities;
- The monthly instalment amounts under the HSBC Spend Instalment;
- Balance transfers, fund transfers, cash advances, finance charges, late charges, HSBC’s Cash Instalment Plan, any fees charged by HSBC;
- Any unposted, cancelled, disputed and refunded transactions.
How to apply
To apply for this deal, follow this link to the SingSaver promotion page.
You’ll then see the three credit cards included in this offer.
Click ‘Apply Now’ alongside the card of your choice and you’ll be directed to a page asking you to enter your email address.
This is how you’ll receive the Rewards Redemption Form, so make sure it’s correct before hitting ‘Confirm’.
You must apply for the card via the SingSaver link to the HSBC website and then fill in the SingSaver Rewards Redemption Form within 14 days of application in order to receive your selected gift. Our advice is to do it straight away, so you don’t forget.
If you do not receive the Rewards Redemption Form immediately after submitting your application, contact email@example.com straight away for assistance.
As always with these slightly more complex sign-up promotions, don’t fall at the first (or last) hurdle. Understand the terms and conditions carefully, in particular:
- Note that the email address submitted to SingSaver must be the same email address used in your credit card application with HSBC to be eligible.
- You must also provide HSBC your consent to receive marketing and promotional materials from them at the time of submitting your application, and not revoke that consent prior to gift fulfilment.
- If you’re opting for the S$300 cash via PayNow gift, you must ensure that the phone number provided on the Rewards Redemption Form is the correct phone number linked to your registered PayNow account.
When you’ll receive the gift
Provided you qualify, you’ll receive a Rewards Notification from SingSaver confirming the redemption details for your selected sign-up gift within five calendar months from the date of completion of all the promotion criteria.
That does mean waiting well into 2022 to benefit, so do be aware of that.
For a quicker turnaround, you can consider HSBC’s ongoing S$200 cashback deal for these cards, which should be credited to your account by the end of 2021 under similar eligibility and spend criteria, but you’re sacrificing at least S$100 of cashback compared to this SingSaver offer.