Credit card enablement platform CardUp has reduced its processing fee for Singapore-issued Visa and Mastercard transactions from 2.6% to 2.25% between now and 30th June 2020.
That’s a 13% discount on the usual fee of 2.6% for these transactions. Singapore-issued American Express payments are still processed at a 2.6% fee, and those made using an international Visa or Mastercard are charged at a 3.3% processing fee.
You can read full details of the offer here.
If you don’t have a CardUp account, you can get S$20 off your first payment (any type) of S$1,000 or more using a Visa or Mastercard with our referral code ‘MAINLYMILES’ when signing up.
Successful referrals to CardUp with our promotion code pay MainlyMiles an affiliate commission.
Terms and conditions
Here are the terms and conditions for this offer.
- CardUp users who have received this promo code are eligible to enjoy the 2.25% discounted fee on all payments to Singapore recipients with due dates on or before 3 July 2020.
- The promo code is valid for all personal payments of minimum $130 scheduled on CardUp on or before 30 June 2020, with a due date on or before 3 July 2020. Payments must be scheduled at least 3 business days in advance of the due date to allow for processing time.
- Users must enter promo code GET225 during “Schedule payment” process when setting up payment details. The 2.25% fee for the eligible payments will be reflected before you confirm and submit payment.
- Users are not permitted to prepay or overpay the amount owed to the recipient in accordance with the payment reference documents provided.
- Promo Code is not valid to be used:
(a) with American Express credit cards and credit cards issued outside of Singapore.
(b) on any additional fees incurred for Next Day payments.
(c) on any international payments to recipients outside of Singapore
(d) in conjunction with any other promotions, offers or discounts.
Rental payments offer
CardUp already recently extended its 1.9% fee offer for rental payments with a Singapore-issued Visa or Mastercard to 30th June 2020.
This allows you to ‘buy’ miles from 1.17 cents each with a 1.6mpd earning card such as the UOB Reserve, but don’t forget our promo with RentHero at a 1.85% fee has been extended until June 2020 for an even lower cost per mile if you have one of the supported credit cards.
Remember Citi customers can also consider Citi PayAll, with a 2% flat fee on many payment types.
There seems to be no appetite for the card payment companies to stop launching new deals for your bill payments in 2020, which is great news for our readers as we know many of you earn thousands of extra miles this way each year.
This change cuts the fee you’ll pay for general (non-rental) payments using CardUp by 13%, bringing them in line with ipaymy’s 2.25% rate.
Don’t forget CardUp has extended its 1.9% fee for rental payments to the end of June 2020, and our promo code using RentHero with selected credit cards still gets you a 1.85% fee on those transactions during the same period, reverting to 1.9% thereafter.