OCBC has brought back its deal for all its credit card and debit card customers to earn up to S$100 cashback when booking a Singapore Airlines flight directly with the airline, with a spend of at least S$1,000 in a single transaction, between 20th April 2023 and 10th May 2023.
You’ll have to register to participate, and the offer is limited to the first 500 cardholders to achieve the spend, so it’s worth acting fast with this one from today since up to 10% cashback is effectively available, on top of the regular miles you’ll earn for the spend itself.
OCBC Singapore Airlines promotion
From 20th April 2023 till 10th May 2023, all primary and supplementary OCBC credit and debit cardholders are eligible to register their card for this cashback offer and then earn either S$80 or S$100 when making a S$1,000+ Singapore Airlines booking directly with the airline, provided they are one of the first 500 cardholders to do so.
- OCBC 90°N Visa or Mastercard cardmembers will receive a S$100 rebate
- All other OCBC cardmembers will receive an S$80 rebate
If you’re holding one of the 90°N cards, this deal is worth up to 10% cashback, though in that case you’ll obviously have to hit the S$1,000 flight booking spend exactly.
However, even for a S$2,000 booking a S$100 cashback gift is not to be sniffed at (5% cashback).
In all cases you’ll earn your card’s regular rate for the purchase, which in the case of the OCBC 90°N cards is worth an additional 1.3 mpd, assuming your flights are purchased in Singapore Dollars.
How it works
To be eligible you’ll need to successfully register your card for this offer, via this e-form, by entering your 16-digit OCBC card number and your mobile number.
Unfortunately it looks like you won’t know whether you’re in the first 500 cardholders to register and meet the spend requirement, so our recommendation would be to do so sooner rather than later if you’re interested in this deal and you have an upcoming cash flight booking to make with SIA.
The offer just started today (20th April 2023 in Singapore), so there’s a very good chance of being eligible if you act quickly.
Here are a few other things to bear in mind about the offer:
- Each eligible cardmember (primary or supplementary) is only entitled to the rebate once during the promotion period. The rebate will not be valid for any subsequent purchases made by the eligible cardmember, even using a different OCBC card.
- Your transaction must be captured under Merchant Category Code (MCC) 3075. This is Singapore Airlines’ own dedicated MCC – so you will only benefit when the payment is processed directly with the airline via the singaporeair.com website or mobile app. In other words, this won’t work for SIA-operated flights booked via a different airline’s website, or through an online travel agent like Expedia.
- OCBC reserves the right to claw back the cashback awarded under this offer if you close your card account within six months from the end of the promotion period (i.e. before 10th November 2023). If you’re thinking of cancelling your card before then, there’s not much point in participating.
When is the cashback credited?
Cashback will be credited to the OCBC Card used to make the Singapore Airlines flight booking within two months of the end of the promotion period – which is by 10th July 2023.
This is of course subject to meeting all the terms and conditions of the deal, including being within the first 500 cardholders to trigger the offer.
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions for this promotion are available here:
OCBC 90°N cards have an interesting sign-up offer
As we recently reported, OCBC is currently offering a 25,500 miles sign-up bonus for its 90°N cards, with the gift credited upfront, but then requiring S$15,000 spend in the first six months (equivalent to S$2,500 per month) in order to keep it.
Given that these cards are eligible for S$100 cashback under this offer, it might be a great time to dive in and get one, participating in the sign-up bonus and this cashback deal too, but you’ll probably have to be quick and get an instant approval to enjoy both.
The first 500 OCBC credit and debit cardholders to register and make a S$1,000 flight booking directly with Singapore Airlines from today – 20th April 2023 until 10th May 2023 will be in line for S$80 cashback (up to 8%), or S$100 cashback (up to 10%) using the one of the OCBC 90°N cards.
This is obviously a very nice return, especially if you have upcoming travel plans and can meet the S$1,000 spend exactly (or not too far above that).
Unfortunately there’s no way to guarantee you’ll be within the first 500 cardholders to achieve this, so our advice is to register then make the booking as soon as possible, if you want to participate.
The deal runs for bookings until mid-May, but if we were to hazard a guess there’s a good chance that 500 bookings might be made by the end of April, so jump on it this month if you can for the best chance of success.
(Cover Photo: Dillon Chong)