A new KrisFlyer earning partner in Singapore has been announced – food delivery company foodpanda.
From today you can earn 1 KrisFlyer mile per S$1 spent through the foodpanda app or website, subject to a minimum order of S$35.
You can order from over 6,000 restaurants in Singapore using the foodpanda app, for delivery or pick up.
How to earn
When you place a foodpanda order using the app, at the checkout stage click on your contact details (the line which displays your email address).
This will allow you to enter your KrisFlyer number. Note that the name on your foodpanda account must match the one on your KrisFlyer account.
It’s the same process if you order through the foodpanda website, just click ‘Edit’ next to the ‘Personal Details’ section of the checkout page and you can enter your KrisFlyer number there.
After you’ve entered your KrisFlyer number once, it remembers it for future orders.
Miles should be credited to your KrisFlyer account within 6 weeks of your completed order. That’s potentially quite a long wait, but we’ll give it a try ourselves and update the article once we know how long it usually takes.
If you have any data points do let us know in the comments section below.
Terms and conditions
- Offer is valid for KrisFlyer members only. To enjoy the offer, KrisFlyer members must record their KrisFlyer membership number into foodpanda account with the matching first and last name.
- Valid with minimum order of S$35.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, discounts, coupons or privileges.
- Miles will be credited into your KrisFlyer account within 6 weeks after each successful order. (Update 17th April 2019: Transfers are taking about 3 weeks)
- Members are responsible for any delays caused by inaccurate details provided to foodpanda.
- Promotion is valid till 31st December 2019.
- foodpanda reserves the right to change the T&Cs at any time without prior notice.
Check the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer site for full details.
How long do miles take to reach KrisFlyer?
Edit: Info added 17th April 2019.
The terms and conditions for this promotion above state that miles for each order will be credited to KrisFlyer “within 6 weeks”. That’s a bit vague, so we ordered dinner via foodpanda on the first day of the offer (25th March 2019) to test it out. The KrisFlyer miles credited to my account on 17th April 2019, 23 days later.
Obviously we’re not going to complain about earning extra miles, but if you were hoping this would be a good way to top up your KrisFlyer balance by a relatively small amount, relatively quickly (for example if you fall just below the miles needed for a specific available redemption), it doesn’t seem like it will fit the bill.
You can download the foodpanda app for your mobile device through the following links.
A nice addition to the KrisFlyer earning line up. Although 1 mile per S$1 isn’t a huge boost to your miles balance, if you order food for delivery regularly this could easily add up over a year.
Remember these miles are in addition to those you should be earning for the foodpanda transaction itself using your miles earning credit card. For local spend a card like the BOC Elite Miles will earn you 1.5 miles per S$1 on top of the foodpanda rate, an effective earn rate of 2.5 miles per S$1 for these transactions.