Singapore Airlines has continued its partnership with American Express by today launching a brand new business credit card aimed at small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), whereby such firms can enjoy premium travel benefits while also promising to streamline their business management and help fund expansion.
This card will earn HighFlyer points, rather than KrisFlyer miles. HighFlyer is the airline’s corporate travel programme, earning your company 5 points per S$1 spent on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot and some partner airlines.
Employees travelling continue to earn KrisFlyer miles as normal, while your account administrator can the use accrued HighFlyer points to offset future flight costs, redeem excess baggage, advance seat selection and cabin class upgrades.
Companies can even reward employees with KrisFlyer miles if they choose to, at a rate of 1 KrisFlyer mile for every 2 HighFlyer points converted.
The HighFlyer Credit Card
This new card offers the following advantages for SMEs.
- Earn up to 8.5 HighFlyer points* for every S$1 spent on all eligible Singapore
Airlines Group flights.
- Earn 1.8 HighFlyer points per S$1 for other eligible spending.
- Use HighFlyer points to offset future travel with no caps, no blackout periods and no restrictions (you can book any available flight) through a one-stop portal.
- 0% interest on instalments over six months on Singapore Airlines flights (beginning in October 2019) and up to 51 interest-free days.
- Earn HighFlyer points for your business, while employees continue to earn KrisFlyer miles when flying with Singapore Airlines.
* HighFlyer points are each worth S$0.01 in savings on future Singapore Airlines group and selected partner flights.
- Complimentary travel insurance when travel tickets are purchased with the American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card.
- Accelerate to KrisFlyer Elite Gold status with spending of S$15,000 or more
on eligible transactions with the Singapore Airlines Group in the first year of card membership.
- Two complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits.
- Complimentary Accor Plus membership, including a complimentary night stay every year and up to 50% off dining across 1,100 restaurants in Asia Pacific.
- Hertz Gold Status. Benefits include 10% off best available retail rates and one car class upgrade for rentals.
New card members will qualify for a bonus of up to 50,000 HighFlyer points when they spend on the card. This includes:
- 5,000 first spend bonus HighFlyer points when they spend S$500 with the Singapore Airlines Group in the first year of their membership,
- 30,000 welcome bonus HighFlyer points when they spend S$5,000 in the first three months of their membership, and
- 15,000 annual loyalty bonus HighFlyer points when they spend S$10,000 per year on the Singapore Airlines Group.
For full details of the new card product, including application details, see the dedicated webpage. (Not yet live, but should be online by the end of 1st August 2019)
If you work for or run an SME in Singapore, the new American Express Singapore Airlines Business Credit Card, while a bit of a mouthful to say in full, could be a nice addition for your company.
That’s especially true if you accrue HighFlyer points in your specific business already.
(Cover Photo: Singapore Airlines)