The Open Electricity Market launched across Singapore back in May 2019, giving households and businesses the freedom to switch their electricity provider to one of a dozen retailers and at the same time save some money on monthly bills compared to SP Services rates.
As far as we know, KrisFlyer only has a partnership with one of these providers – Sembcorp.
You can find the full list of residential electricity retailers in Singapore here.
Unfortunately there are still no electricity providers offering KrisFlyer miles for your monthly electricity spend, including Sembcorp, but there is a sign-up offer currently running.
From now until 31st March 2021, you’ll earn 1,500 KrisFlyer miles when you sign up for a selected Sembcorp 24-month electricity plan, using the following promo code:
|PROMO CODE: KF1500|
Two plans seem to be eligible for the offer, a ‘fixed price plan’ and a ‘discount off tariff plan’, both at the 24-month commitment periods.
KrisFlyer members must enter the KF1500 promo code and provide a valid KrisFlyer membership number during the sign up to be eligible for the offer.
The Sembcorp account holder’s name must also be the same as the one registered under the KrisFlyer membership account.
Miles will be credited into your KrisFlyer account approximately six to eight weeks from the start date of your electricity contract with Sembcorp.
Terms and conditions
Here are the headline T&Cs:
- Applicable to new online sign-ups on selected 24-month electricity plans.
- This Promotion ends on 31 March 2021.
- The promo code KF1500 must be entered during the sign-up.
- KrisFlyer miles will be forfeited if you submit the wrong KrisFlyer membership number during the sign up.
- KrisFlyer miles credited will be reversed if the contract is terminated before the 24-month contractual period.
- This promotion is not valid with other promotions, special discounts, roadshow activations, MyRepublic stores and referral program, unless otherwise stated.
Full terms and conditions for the offer can be found here.
1,500 KrisFlyer miles probably isn’t enough to sway you into choosing Sembcorp as your electricity provider for two years, but do shop around and if one of their 24-month plans does work out as cost effective then it’s a relatively easy little boost to your miles balance.
Also note that Sembcorp currently has cash rebate offers for new sign-ups with several Singapore credit cards, which you might value more than 1,500 KrisFlyer miles, so take a look at those too before committing. Some of these deals are also applicable to Sembcorp’s shorter 12-month plans.
(Cover Photo: Sembcorp)