This short-term offer has now reverted to the ongoing S$200 cashback deal for the Revolution card, valid until 30th June 2021.
Last month HSBC launched its most generous sign-up promotion yet for the fee-free 4 mpd Revolution card, with S$300 cashback (S$100 more than the ongoing offer) for successful applications, subject to a relatively easy S$500 spend in the first full month after card approval.
The deal itself, however, seemed to have been loaded onto the website a week too early by HSBC!
Nevertheless, those who applied through our affiliate link between 6pm on 18th May and 10.20am on 19th May, while the deal was live, will still receive the S$300 cashback as promised, provided they meet the spend requirement.
Back again: S$300 cashback
Good news is the S$300 cashback offer has now returned, for applications made over a two-week period from 25th May 2021 to 7th June 2021 on the same basis it was (briefly) offered before.
If you haven’t picked up this excellent 4 mpd card, offering bonus miles on a very wide range of useful online and contactless spend categories including groceries, hotels, shopping and dining, for the first S$1,000 in monthly transactions, this is the perfect time to take the plunge.
Don’t miss our rundown of 10 good reasons to get the HSBC Revolution card.
To be eligible, you’ll need to be a new-to-bank credit card customer.
- do not currently hold any existing HSBC credit card*
- did not cancel any HSBC Credit Card* within last 12 months prior to the approval date of their new card
Note that currently holding (or having recently cancelled) an HSBC Visa Infinite card does not exclude you from this sign-up promotion, but other HSBC credit cards do.
For example, if you are a current HSBC Visa Infinite cardholder and also previously had an HSBC Advance card, which you cancelled in April 2020, you will be eligible for this offer.
Here’s how the offer works:
Successfully apply via the advertisement link (any of the links on this page will work) for the HSBC Revolution card between 25th May 2021 and 7th June 2021. The card must be approved and issued by 30th June 2021.
Meet the following spend criteria on your new card:
|Apply online via MyInfo||S$30 cashback|
|Any spend||+ S$50 cashback|
|S$500+ spend||+ S$220 cashback|
Initially you’ll be entitled to S$30 cashback by applying online with MyInfo via SingPass.
With this offer you’ll then get S$50 cashback for any spend on the card, but you’ll want to be maximising your cashback by ensuring you rack up S$500+ spend to unlock an additional S$220 cashback, for a total of S$300.
The qualifying spending period for the sign-up bonus is based on the date your card account is opened, as follows:
|Card Opening Date||Qualifying Spend Period|
|1 – 31 May 2021||1 May – 30 Jun 2021|
|1 – 30 Jun 2021*||1 Jun – 31 Jul 2021|
* Applies to applications submitted by 7th June 2021, where the card account is then opened by 30th June 2021.
Though the minimum spend of S$500 to qualify for this promotion is relatively easy to achieve, you can give yourself up to two months to meet the threshold by applying right at the end of May and hoping for an early June approval (e.g. a 31st May card application approved on 3rd June will have until 31st July to make the spend).
Obviously you’ll be wanting to tap into the card’s (relatively easy) 4 mpd categories for that minimum spend itself too, so don’t forget you’re good for 2,000 miles (500 x 4) for the spend element, which can be as simple as grocery shopping at Giant or Cold Storage and a series of Deliveroo orders.
Remember that qualifying spend relates to posted retail purchases, so be careful not to leave your S$500 minimum spend towards the end of the applicable period, since it can take around three days for transactions to post to your account (e.g. a purchase made on 30th June might not post to your account until ~2nd July).
You will receive the cashback as a credit to your account by the end of the month following the Qualifying Spend Period (i.e. by 31st July 2021 or 31st August 2021, depending on your card opening date).
Existing HSBC cardholder?
If you do not fulfil the new-to-bank criteria outlined above, there’s nothing special in store for you with a new HSBC Revolution card unfortunately.
In this case, you’ll be entitled to S$30 cashback for meeting the same S$500+ qualifying spend criteria, in accordance with the same spend periods listed above for new-to-bank cardholders.
You can also earn an additional S$30 cashback when you apply online with MyInfo via SingPass, for a total of S$60 cashback.
Remember if you’re only holding an HSBC Visa Infinite card, you’ll still be eligible for the main S$300 cashback sign-up bonus.
Your minimum spend of S$500 to qualify for this sign-up bonus does not include the following categories:
- Foreign exchange transactions (including but not limited to Forex.com);
- Donations and payments to charitable, social organisations and religious organisations;
- Quasi-cash transactions (including but not limited to transactions relating to money orders, traveler’s checks, gaming related transactions, lottery tickets and gambling);
- Payments made to financial institutions, securities brokerages or dealers (including but not limited to the trading of securities, investments or crypto-currencies of any kind);
- Payments on money payments/transfers (including but not limited to Paypal, SKR skrill.com, CardUp, SmoovPay, iPayMy);
- Payments to any professional services provider (including but not limited to GOOGLE Ads, Facebook Ads, Amazon Web Services, MEDIA TRAFFIC AGENCY INC);
- Top-ups, money transfers or purchase of credits of prepaid cards, stored-value cards or e-wallets (including but not limited to EZ-Link, Transitlink, NETS Flashpay and Youtrip);
- Payments in connection with any government institutions and/or services (including but not limited to court costs, fines, bail and bond payment);
- Any AXS and ATM transactions;
- Tax payments (except HSBC Tax Payment Facility);
- Payments for cleaning, maintenance and janitorial services (including property management fees);
- Payments to insurance companies (including but not limited to sales, underwriting, premiums and insurance services);
- Payments to educational institutions;
- Payments on utilities;
- The monthly instalment amounts under the HSBC Spend Instalment;
- Balance transfers, fund transfers, cash advances, finance charges, late charges, HSBC’s Cash Instalment Plan, any fees charged by HSBC;
- Any unposted, cancelled, disputed and refunded transactions.
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions for this sign-up promotion are available here:
If we haven’t mentioned it enough lately, the HSBC Revolution’s “revolutionary makeover” last year has made it an essential part of your miles earning wallet in the 4 mpd category, and the card now benefits from no annual fee (forever).
This latest sign-up bonus still doesn’t include any additional miles, but a S$300 credit gift for a spend of just S$500 is equivalent to 60% cashback if you hit the minimum spend exactly.
Don’t forget, even if you already hold an HSBC Visa Infinite card, you’re eligible for this deal.
Fee-free and fuss-free, with a wide variety of useful everyday spend categories, you just need to keep your eligible spending at less than S$1k per calendar month then switch to other cards after that – simple.
Even those with other 4 mpd cards should find some useful benefits by adding this one to their wallet, with the potential to turn S$12,000 of annual spending into 48,000 miles, enough for a Singapore Airlines Business Class award to Japan!
For full details on this card, don’t miss our updated comprehensive review.
Links on Mainly Miles may pay us an affiliate commission.