American Express is running another ‘Everyday Spending’ bonus miles earning campaign for successfully registered SIA KrisFlyer co-brand cardholders over the next four months, with a bonus of 2 miles per dollar on top of your card’s usual earn rate at a variety of merchants across Singapore.
These bonus rewards are applicable to your everyday in-store spending at selected pharmacies and supermarkets, plus online or in-app spend at selected food delivery providers.
To participate you’ll have to act fast though, since the deal is only for the first 12,000 registered cards.
This follows another offer earlier this month for bonus miles on telco and entertainment spend with these co-brand cards, running until 6th December 2021.
Simply find the offer on the Amex mobile app and save it to your card, then spend at participating brands such as Cold Storage, Watsons and Deliveroo.
The promotion runs for four months from 20th July 2021 to 19th November 2021. Here are the boosted earn rates applicable for spend during the promotion:
Bonus KrisFlyer Miles for Everyday Spending
|SIA KF Ascend||1.2 mpd||2 mpd||3.2 mpd|
|SIA KF Blue||1.1 mpd||2 mpd||3.1 mpd|
Unfortunately the offer is capped at only 800 bonus KrisFlyer miles per card, which is equivalent to S$400 cumulative spend during the promotion.
Bonus miles will credit directly to your KrisFlyer account, usually within five working days from the transaction, however it can take up to 90 days from the end of the promotion period in some cases (i.e. until 17th February 2022).
For supermarkets and pharmacies, the offer is only valid when you spend in-store using your physical card on which the offer has been saved at specific participating outlets which are fully listed by address here.
Online and in-app spend at these merchants will not qualify for the bonus miles.
- Cold Storage
- HAO mart
- Jasons Deli
- Prime Supermarket
- Sheng Siong
Online / In-app merchants
For food delivery (and grocery delivery via pandamart), you’ll earn bonus miles when you use your card online or in-app during this promotion.
(via app or foodpanda.sg)
(via app or deliveroo.com.sg)
(via app or mcdelivery.com.sg)
(via foodpanda app or foodpanda.com.sg)
Full terms and conditions
Here are the terms and conditions for this offer:
- Offer only valid at participating Everyday Spend businesses. Any unlisted locations of participating merchants are not valid for the offer.
- Payments made for online and in-app only valid at deliveroo.com.sg, foodpanda.sg and mcdelivery.com.sg.
- Offer valid for payments made in Singapore Dollars only.
- Offer valid for deliveries made wholly within Singapore.
- The Promotion is open to individuals who hold personal basic American Express® Singapore Airlines Credit Card issued in Singapore by American Express International Inc. only (“Eligible Cards”).
- This offer is only available for your targeted Card, and other Cards you hold may not be eligible.
- Supplementary Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer is limited to the first 12,000 eligible Cards which are successfully registered for the offer.
- Offer is limited to a maximum of 800 bonus KrisFlyer miles per Card to which the offer is saved and only spend on this Card counts towards the offer.
- Excludes transactions where you do not spend directly with your Card to which the offer is saved, in-store at participating Everyday Spend businesses, online or in-app at at deliveroo.com.sg, foodpanda.sg and mcdelivery.com.sg. Offer valid at Singapore locations, websites and app only.
- Excludes transactions made through a third-party establishment or payment processor.
- You must be enrolled in the relevant loyalty program and have an active loyalty account to receive the KrisFlyer miles.
- KrisFlyer miles are not redeemable for cash or other payment form.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from the offer end date.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles will not be applied to your Card Account if it has been suspended or cancelled.
- KrisFlyer miles may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.
If you’re also holding the Citi PremierMiles card or Citi Prestige card, don’t forget you can currently earn an uncapped 4 mpd on food delivery spend until 31st August 2021, with no registration or minimum spend required.
There would therefore be little reason for you to use your Amex SIA KrisFlyer card in this category during the promotion, and you’d be better off saving the S$400 spend cap for supermarket or pharmacy spend, though it could become a good option for you after 1st September given that the Amex deal runs into November.
You can also earn 4 mpd on contactless payment at pharmacies (MCC 5912) and supermarkets (MCC 5411) with an HSBC Revolution card, and for online / in-app payments at food delivery merchants, capped at S$1,000 spend per calendar month.
You could of course use this Amex promo to still get a good earn rate on some of that spend (e.g. food delivery) between now and mid-November, freeing up more of your HSBC Revolution monthly cap for its wider range of bonus miles earning categories, like hotels, flights and cruises booked online.
Finally for mobile contactless payments you can earn 4 mpd with the UOB PPV card in-store at pharmacies and supermarkets, capped at S$1,110 spend per calendar month
Do be aware of some potentially major drawbacks with this one though:
- No miles earning for sub-S$5 transactions.
- No miles earning at SMART$ merchants, which includes Cold Storage, Giant, Guardian, Jasons and Marketplace during this Amex promotion.
Quite a nice deal if you hold one of the KrisFlyer co-brand cards, with a decent range of participating merchants, though it won’t take long to hit the S$400 spend limit – at which point you’ve exhausted the bonus cap!
There are also some other cards on the market offering superior earn rates, especially if you hold the Citi PremierMiles or Citi Prestige cards, which currently enjoy an uncapped 4 mpd on food delivery spend.
If you are planning to take advantage of this Amex deal, make sure you add the offer to your card before spending, which you should do as soon as you can since the offer will disappear once the first 12,000 cards have registered.