EXPIRED This article relates to an offer or promotion which has now expired.
Cathay Pacific launched a promotion today for Singapore-based Asia Miles members in which they are sharing 1 million Asia Miles across 11 prize winners. The top prize is 300,000 Asia Miles, enough to redeem a Singapore to New York return flight in Cathay’s First Class seat, while even at the bottom end the smallest prize is 50,000 Asia Miles, enough to secure you a Business Class return from Singapore to Hong Kong.
The promotion runs for one month from today (25th June 2018) to 26th August 2018.
- Simply sign up as an Asia Miles member (if you don’t already have an account). It’s free to join – click here. If you’re already an Asia Miles member you’re also eligible for this promotion.
- Book a Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon ticket online from today (25th June 2018), via the Cathay mobile app or through a travel agent. Every ticket purchased entitles you one chance in the draw, so the more you book the higher your chances.
- Submit the online form by 26 August 2018. You’ll have to complete the form with your ticket number for each ticket booked during the promotion period.
We’re not going to over-hype your chances of winning here, only 11 lucky tickets will win a prize in this draw. Since it’s restricted to Singapore-based members though the number of participants is more limited than a global contest, so if you have travel plans coming up with Cathay then there’s no harm in entering.
Terms and conditions
The full terms and conditions for this promotion are available on the dedicated promotion page at www.cathaypacific.com/sg/loveofmiles. In summary:
- New and existing Asia Miles members must reside in Singapore to be eligible. Residence is determined by the address entered in your Asia Miles profile.
- Promotion only applicable for tickets purchased in Singapore and originating from Singapore, regardless of booking channel. Bookings between 25th June 2018 and 26th August 2018 are eligible for the draw.
- Redemption, industry travel and prize tickets are not eligible. The name on the ticket must match that in the Asia Miles profile.
- Every eligible ticket purchased during Promotion Period entitles member one chance in the draw. There is no limit to the number of entries a member may submit.
- Members who wish to participate in this promotion must submit the online form before 26th August 2018, 23:59h.
- The draw will be conducted on 26th September 2018. The results will be posted on http://www.cathaypacific.com/sg by 1st October 2018. Winners will be notified by email.
- Miles will be credited to the members’ accounts on or before 31st October 2018.
Asia Miles ‘revaluation’
We covered the recent changes to the Asia Miles program in an article last month. In essence there were some winners and some losers but overall we concluded there’s still good value in the program and in many cases Singapore-based travellers are better off as a result of the changes. Those using Asia Miles for upgrades were the worst hit.
Cathay from Singapore
According to the GDS timetable Cathay Pacific are flying 7 weekly flights from Singapore to Bangkok, mostly using A350-900 aircraft, and 56 weekly flights to Hong Kong with a mixture of 777-200, 777-300, 777-300ER, A350-900 and even the brand new A350-1000 aircraft (the first airline to do so commercially from Changi).
Many of these aircraft feature their long-haul business class product, which we reviewed late last year – a really nice option on a Bangkok or Hong Kong flight.
Cathay are now using the new Changi Terminal 4, and we did a full review of their dedicated new lounge facility there in November last year during its opening week.
We won’t suggest going out of your way to book Cathay tickets this month to take advantage of this promotion but if you can fit them into your travel plans at a reasonable cost every ticket will give you one entry in this prize draw.
Remember Asia Miles can be used at good value for redemptions on other oneworld carriers too – 50,000 miles one-way from Bangkok to Doha for example on Qatar’s new Qsuites as we highlighted yesterday.
Good luck if you’re taking part!
(Cover Image: Cathay Pacific)