The Standard Chartered X Card has had something of a chequered history. First offering a jaw-dropping 100,000 miles sign-up bonus when it launched, the bank quickly cut that to 60,000 miles before suspending new applications for the card completely.
Today card applications are back up and running, and the lower 60,000 miles sign-up bonus is back for new X Card approvals between now and 31st December 2019.
60,000 miles sign-up bonus
The new sign-up offer for the Standard Chartered Visa Infinite X card for those applying from 16th October 2019, whose cards are approved by 31st December 2019, is 60,000 miles if you spend S$6,000 on eligible retail transactions in the first 60 days of card membership.
The miles bonus is structured in two halves; an upfront 30,000 miles for payment of the first year annual card fee and the remaining 30,000 miles for the S$6,000 spend.
The structure is as follows:
- 30,000 KrisFlyer miles “Upfront Gift Promotion”: for activating your card within 30 days and paying the annual fee of S$695.50, and provided your card is approved by 31st December 2019; and
- 30,000 KrisFlyer miles “Sign-up Gift Promotion”: for spending S$6,000 on eligible retail transactions in the first 60 days from card approval date, and provided your card is approved by 31st December 2019.
Your total earning (including the sign-up bonus) during this promotion will be at least 67,200 miles, assuming local spend:
- Upfront bonus = 30,000 miles
- S$6,000 x 1.2 mpd = 7,200 miles
- Sign-up bonus = 30,000 miles
- Total earning = 67,200 miles