As part of KrisFlyer’s 21st birthday celebrations, Singapore Airlines is offering members the opportunity to earn a 500 miles bonus for each new member they successfully refer to the programme during February 2020.
New members you refer will also earn a 500 miles bonus.
How it works
- Share the KrisFlyer sign-up link with your friends and family.
- Make sure they include your KrisFlyer membership number in the ‘Referred to KrisFlyer by a friend’ field.
- Ensure that the registration promo code KFBD21 is included in the ‘KrisFlyer registration promotion’ field.
Each person you refer will have to make at least one qualifying transaction in the KrisFlyer programme between now and 31st May 2020 in order for you to earn the 500 miles referral bonus, however they will earn their 500 miles bonus whether they make a transaction or not.
Qualifying transactions are:
- Miles accrued or redeemed on flown flights on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and Scoot
- Miles accrual from partners
- Transfer of points from partner programmes to KrisFlyer
- Submission of retrospective mileage claims for flown flights
- KrisShop accrual transactions
- KrisPay accrual transactions and miles conversions
The easiest option here for the new member may just be to buy a coffee at Cedele, or one of the other KrisPay merchants, and earn a few KrisFlyer miles in the process. That will satisfy the criteria for you earning your miles bonus.
You can earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles from these referrals, so it’s capped at 20 referrals in total, however any subsequent referrals you make after that will still earn 500 miles bonus in their new account.
When the bonus miles will be credited
New members have the 500 miles bonus credited to their KrisFlyer account within 4 to 6 weeks of the end of the promotion period (29th February 2020), so that’s mid to late April 2020.
Referrers will have the 500 miles bonus credited to their KrisFlyer account within 4 to 6 weeks of the end of the qualifying transaction period (31st May 2020), so that’s mid to late July 2020, subject to the new member making at least one qualifying transaction.
Top referrers get 21,000 bonus miles
Singapore Airlines doesn’t want you to stop at 20 referrals however.
Just because you stop earning miles for subsequent referrals – you may still want to continue doing so as the top three referrers this month will each be awarded with a 21,000 miles bonus.
Full details of the offer including terms and conditions can be found here.
(Cover Photo: Kentaro Iemoto)