DBS and POSB are launching a new flash sale tomorrow for anyone successfully applying for one of their selected credit cards by 31st August 2020, with the option to receive a generous S$300 Agoda voucher welcome gift, valid for a hotel stay by 31st December 2021.
The voucher is redeemable for worldwide hotel bookings, however it’s likely to be of most interest our readers to book a hotel in Singapore, with overseas travel likely to be limited or non-existent for several months to come (despite murmurings of upcoming leisure travel ‘green lanes’).
Apply for an eligible card between 17th August 2020 and 31st August 2020, with your account approved by 7th September 2020, and you’ll be eligible for this S$300 Agoda voucher gift offer.
To be eligible you must be a new cardmember, which means not currently holding any principal DBS/POSB credit card and/or having not cancelled any DBS/POSB credit card(s) within the last 12 months.
If eligible, you must apply online for one of the following DBS/POSB credit cards as principal cardholder, using ‘FLASHAGODA’ in the promo code field:
- DBS Altitude Visa
- DBS Altitude Amex
- DBS Live Fresh
- DBS Woman’s Platinum
- DBS Woman’s World
- POSB Everyday
In order to receive the S$300 gift you must charge a minimum of S$200 to the new card within the first 30 days from card approval date.
The voucher will be added to your DBS Lifestyle App within 30 days of the minimum spend being met, for redemption by 30th December 2021 and stays before 31st December 2021. Expired vouchers will not be extended.
Note: Using the ‘FLASHAGODA’ promo code when signing up for one of these cards will replace any other sign-up offer, such as cashback, other gifts or bonus miles.
This offer replaces (or ‘upgrades’) the ‘DBSAGODA’ application promo code, valid for a S$200 Agoda voucher for applications between 1st June and 31st August 2020.
You’ll have to redeem your Agoda e-voucher at the following link:
The following terms apply to the voucher:
- Payment must be made with a DBS Card.
- Booking must be done made the designated landing page at www.agoda.com/dbsredemption
- Enter the Agoda e-voucher code at promotional code box at the booking page to enjoy a value discount on your hotel booking.
- The Agoda e-voucher code is valid for one-time use and will be deemed fully used once booking has been made.
- There is strictly no extension of validity of this promotion code.
- Agoda e-vouchers are applicable to prepaid bookings only for hotel room types and properties with the “promo eligible” tag.
- Agoda e-vouchers are applicable to hotel room’s charges only (excluding local taxes, service fees and additional charges).
- Change of stay date is not permitted. In the event of cancellation, the promotion code has no cash or refund value.
- The Agoda e-vouchers are not transferrable and non-cumulative and not for usage via Agoda app.
- Agoda e-vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other products, and cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts, promotions, discounted items and fixed priced items, unless otherwise stated.
- Agoda e-vouchers are bound by the terms and conditions of Agoda. In case of dispute, the decision of Agoda and DBS shall be final. Agoda and DBS reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any point of time.
Importantly, only ‘promo eligible’ hotels are included in the offer, so you may not be able to apply the voucher to the hotel of your choice. It’s best to check first that your preferred property is included on the list, especially as you’re likely to still be restricted to Singapore properties if you wish to use the voucher over the coming months.
For the S$200 charges to the card, the following typical DBS exclusions apply:
- posted 0% Interest Instalment Payment Plan monthly transactions
- posted My Preferred Payment Plan monthly transactions, interest, finance charges, cash withdrawal, balance transfer, smart cash, AXS payments, SAM online bill payments, bill payments via internet banking and all fees charged by DBS
- payments to educational institutions
- payments to financial institutions (including banks, online trading platforms and brokerages)
- payments to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax
- payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified here)
- payments to hospitals
- payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting and premiums)
- payments to non-profit organisations
- payments to utility bill companies
- payments to professional service providers (including but not limited to accounting, auditing, bookkeeping services advertising services, funeral service and legal services and attorneys)
- any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid accounts and any prepaid accounts (e.g. EZ-Link, GrabPay, NETS FlashPay, Transit Link, Singtel Dash)
- any betting transactions (including levy payments to local casinos, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting and wagers)
- any transactions related to crypto currencies.
Most of the 200+ hotels now open for staycation bookings in Singapore have some form of deal on offer when you book direct. You won’t necessarily get the best rate, nor the additional staycation perks, if you book through Agoda using this e-voucher.
Make sure you’re not paying over the odds for your preferred hotel and not losing out on benefits you would value more, like dining credits, free parking, etc., which may mean the voucher is more valuable for use booking a different property if a good staycation deal is on offer when booking directly.
If you already hold the DBS Altitude or Woman’s cards, don’t forget DBS and Agoda are also running a 10 mpd offer, valid for bookings and stays between now and the end of December 2020.
See our article for full details.
Terms and conditions
Remember this offer is for applications from 17th August 2020 to 31st August 2020. Full terms and conditions are available here:
Most DBS credit cards are offering cashback or welcome miles as their current sign-up promotions. This Agoda deal is a nice one, worth S$300 of an eligible hotel stay, however do not that it will replace any other sign-up bonuses as only a single promo code can be applied.
For example, for the DBS Altitude Visa card it replaces either the S$150 cashback offer or 10,000 bonus miles offer. This S$300 voucher should give you better value than both of those gifts, however.
The other good thing about this deal is the relatively low minimum spend required to trigger the voucher, but bear in mind you will then have to wait up to 30 days afterwards to use it, giving you a potentially narrow window to make a booking. Also, your hotel must also be on Agoda’s ‘promo eligible’ list, remember not all are.
On the plus side the voucher is good for a stay until 31st December 2021, but it must be booked by 31st December 2020.
(Cover Photo: Marriott)