Foodpanda has a bonus KrisFlyer miles earning offer with a bit of a difference this month, aimed at encouraging you to try its pick-up (take away) service rather than having the order delivered to your door.
You’ll be entitled to 2 KrisFlyer miles per dollar spent on pick-up orders over S$20 (including GST), double the usual 1 mpd rate, so that means a total of 6 mpd earning when you pay for your order using the right bonus miles credit card!
There’s also a 25% discount thrown in for pick-up orders with eligible merchants this month, and you’ll get an entry into a prize draw for each qualifying order using the double miles promo code, with a chance to win 5,000 KrisFlyer miles.
How to earn
Here’s the important part of this offer – if you’re already earning KrisFlyer miles with your foodpanda orders by having your KrisFlyer membership number saved in your contact details, the bonus will not be automatic, even for a pick-up order.
To get the extra miles in this promotion, you must enter promo code ‘2KFMILES’ when confirming your order.
Step 1: Click ‘Do you have a voucher?’
Step 2: Enter ‘2KFMILES’ in the voucher code field
Step 3: Check the 2KFMILES code is then reflectedNote: Because of this new method for earning additional miles, you won’t be able to stack any existing foodpanda vouchers with the 2 mpd pick-up offer. Choose one or the other for each order.
Remember when you place a foodpanda order using the app, check that your KrisFlyer membership number has been saved. You can do this at the same checkout stage by clicking on your contact details (the line which displays your email address).
This will allow you to enter your KrisFlyer number if it’s not already there. Note that the name on your foodpanda account must match the one on your KrisFlyer account.
It’s the same process if you order through the foodpanda website, just click ‘Edit’ next to the ‘Personal Details’ section of the checkout page and you can enter your KrisFlyer number there.
After you’ve entered your KrisFlyer number once, it remembers it for future orders both on the app and the website.
When will the miles credit to KrisFlyer?
Miles from your foodpanda orders credit to your KrisFlyer account “within 30 days after each successful order” according to the terms and conditions.
We’ve used the service many times since KrisFlyer miles earning started in March 2019, and we can confirm that in fact the miles appear to be credited in monthly ‘batches’ (around 6th to 9th of each month, for transactions made in the previous month).
That means if you’ve made a number of orders in a given period you’ll see them all appear in your KrisFlyer account on the same date, but as individual transactions.
The quickest order date to credit date we’ve had so far is 3 weeks, the longest about 7 weeks. This therefore certainly isn’t a quick way to earn miles (we’ve got a list of those, if you’re interested), but nonetheless you should see them credit within a couple of months.
5,000 bonus miles
As part of this promotion, foodpanda will also be running draw for one customer to win 5,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles.
You’ll get one entry into the draw each time you use the ‘2KFMILES’ voucher code during the promotion, so the more you purchase, the more chances you’ll get.
The winner will be notified by 9th April 2021 via email and will then have the 5,000 bonus miles credited to their KrisFlyer account within 14 working days.
Full details of the promotion are available here.
Which credit card to use
The 2 miles per dollar accrual you’ll get under this offer will credit directly to your KrisFlyer account, but of course you’ll be wanting to maximise your miles earning by using the best credit card you hold for the transaction too.
Here are the cards we have identified which earn up to 4 miles per dollar on foodpanda orders:
||4 mpd||Capped at S$1,000 per statement month.|
(see our review)
|4 mpd||Capped at S$2,000 per calendar month.|
(see our review)
|4 mpd||Capped at S$1,000 per calendar month.|
|UOB Lady’s Card||4 mpd||If dining is specified as your quarterly bonus category, capped at S$1,000 per calendar month.|
|UOB Lady’s Solitaire Card
||4 mpd||If dining is specified as your quarterly bonus category, capped at S$3,000 per calendar month.|
(see our review)
|4 mpd||Capped at S$1,110 per calendar month.|
|KrisFlyer UOB Credit Card
(see our review)
|3 mpd||No cap, subject to S$500+ spend on SIA transactions in your membership year (bonus 1.8 mpd on dining credited after the end of your membership year).|
Using these cards will therefore get you 2 mpd into your KrisFlyer account plus 3 mpd or 4 mpd paid as credit card points, for every S$20+ foodpanda pick-up order for the rest of February 2021 (effectively, up to 6 mpd in total).
Cards earning less than that, like the DBS Altitude at 1.2 miles per dollar for local general spend, will still allow you to achieve an effective 3.2 miles per dollar in total for foodpanda take away transactions during this promotion.
Terms and conditions
- Promo code / Campaign is valid from 15th February 2021 – 28th February 2021.
- KrisFlyer miles can only be transferred to the same individual’s KrisFlyer account whose foodpanda account was used for the qualifying order.
- Offer is valid for KrisFlyer members only. To enjoy the offer, KrisFlyer members must record their KrisFlyer membership number into foodpanda account with the matching first and last name.
- Valid with a minimum order of $20.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, discounts, coupons or privileges.
- Miles will be credited into your KrisFlyer account within 30 days after each successful order
- Members are responsible for any delays caused by inaccurate details.
- Log in to check your KrisFlyer statements online.
- foodpanda reserves the right to change the T&Cs at any time without prior notice.
- Place a Pick-Up order above $20 and use code 2KFMILES to enjoy 2 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 dollar spent on Pick-Up via foodpanda (eg. S$50 = 100 miles)
- Promo code is valid for Pick-Up only
- The winner of the 5,000 bonus miles will be selected at random, user will need to key in their KrisFlyer Membership Number into foodpanda’s account upon checkout.
- The bonus miles is valid for Pick-Up only
- The winner of the 5,000 bonus miles will be announced on 9th April 2021 via email.
- The 5,000 bonus miles will be credited into your KrisFlyer account within 14 working days from submission to KrisFlyer.
- foodpanda’s decision on the winners is final and it cannot be exchanged for cash, discounts, coupons or other privileges.
Check the foodpanda site for full details.
You can download the foodpanda app for your mobile device through the following links.
A nice deal to earn an extra mile per dollar on food pick-up orders for the rest of February 2021, with 2 miles per dollar on these foodpanda orders of S$20 or above in addition to the regular miles you normally earn on your credit card.
This can also be stacked with foodpanda’s 25% off promotion for pick-up orders with selected merchants.
Adding the 2 mpd offer to credit card earn rates of up to 4 mpd in some cases, like the Citi Rewards cards, will net you a total of 6 miles per dollar.
Remember to enter the promo code ‘2KFMILES’ every time you place a pick-up order – otherwise you’ll earn the usual 1 mpd rate.
There’s also a chance to win 5,000 KrisFlyer miles, with an entry for each eligible use of the voucher code during this promotion.
(Cover Photo: foodpanda)