EXPIRED This article relates to an offer or promotion which has now expired.
Most of our readers undoubtedly already have a KrisFlyer account – but if you don’t, or if you have friends and family who may be thinking of signing up, Singapore Airlines is running a welcome offer for new account holders with 1,000 bonus KrisFlyer miles just for opening a new account between now the end of March.
Simply sign up here, and enter the code JOINKFSQ in the ‘KrisFlyer registration promotion’ section at the end of the application form.
Full terms are available on the promotion page, but in summary:
- Offer ends 31 March 2018, 2359hrs (GMT+8).
- Only applicable for KrisFlyer membership sign-ups on singaporeair.com and SingaporeAir mobile app.
- Bonus KrisFlyer miles will be awarded for every successful sign up using the promo code as stated in the email (hint: it’s the one above).
- Promo code must be entered at the time of enrolment. Request for insertion of promo code will not be accepted after enrolment is complete.
- Each eligible KrisFlyer member is entitled to receive only one award of 1,000 KrisFlyer miles and each individual should hold only one KrisFlyer membership account.
- The bonus miles will take about 4 to 6 weeks to be credited into the member’s account.
- The KrisFlyer miles awarded under this Promotion are valid for a period of 3 years, following which they shall expire and no extensions will be permitted.
The sharp-eyed among you will notice that the promotion page for this offer only features on the Swiss version of the Singapore Airlines website. That immediately has the hallmarks of a targeted offer, designed to drive up membership for new members in a specific location.
The interesting thing is that the T’s & C’s of the offer make no mention of applicability only for certain national residents, unlike their current 100,000 miles bonanza promotion (or ‘lottery’), for example, where the valid residential countries for KrisFlyer member participants are made clear from the outset:
As you can see, the 100,000 miles bonanza KrisFlyer promo is not open, for example, to Australians, Swiss, Germans, Irish, French or Dutch residents, but it’s fine if you’re living in New Zealand, Italy, Spain or the UK. On the face of it – quite bizarre, but it actually relates to contest regulations in those countries.
With no such restrictions on this 1,000 miles sign-up promotion, you should be fine to participate and be eligible for the bonus.
Could I just set up a new account and take advantage?
Good idea, but sadly not. The terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer program prohibit you from holding more than one account.
“Multiple memberships are not permitted. Each member must maintain only one account.”
In the worst case, they could close both accounts and you’d lose your miles.
“Singapore Airlines reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership… any of the following events may cause suspension or termination… The member has contravened any term or rule of membership of the KrisFlyer programme and/or PPS Club and/or these Terms and Conditions.”
Therefore, please don’t risk this!
How do I know if this promo will work?
We can’t guarantee that it will, but there’s nothing in the terms to state that it won’t. I’ve persuaded (i.e. forced) my parents to join using the code, as they aren’t currently KrisFlyer members. They don’t live in some tax exile status in Switzerland either!
So if you want to hold off, I’ll report back in 4-6 weeks when their bonus 1,000 miles should credit, and there will still be time for you or your friends and family to take part in the offer, assuming it works for mine.
Hat tip to FrequentMiler for the heads-up.