It might seem like we’re writing an awful lot about Chope lately (having admitted to neglecting them for 6 months in our article last week) but this new offer is worth knowing about – particularly as you can stack it with the recent KrisFlyer promo code to earn a very respectable 3,600 Chope-Dollars in total between now and September, potentially more if you’re a new user.
That’s 3,000 KrisFlyer miles (if you so choose) from your next 9 restaurant reservations.
We won’t wax lyrical again about exactly what Chope is – book tables at over 1,000 restaurants in Singapore and some other major cities via their website or app and earn their loyalty ‘Chope-Dollars’ for every completed booking. Simple.
Chope is 7!
This post is about the birthday offer – Chope has been running for 7 years and as a little gift in recognition they want to give you 400 Chope-Dollars on 7 restaurant reservations completed between now and 15th September 2018.
A few things to note:
- You always get 100 Chope-Dollars for every completed restaurant reservation using Chope (provided you have an account and are logged in when you book).
- The KrisFlyer promotion code CHOPEKF gets you 200 Chope-Dollars (unlimited) for every booking*. Worth remembering that one for those times when no other promotions are running.
- The KrisFlyer promotion code CHOPEKF400 gets you 400 Chope-Dollars on two separate bookings* between now and 31st July 2018 (must dine by 31st August 2018, see our article for full details).
- This birthday promotion will get you 400 Chope-Dollars on an additional seven separate bookings* between now and 15th September 2018. You’ll have to sign-up via the app or the website to receive your unique promo code.
* For every completed reservation, i.e. you must book using Chope, actually attend (tell the restaurant you have a reservation when you arrive otherwise it might count as a no-show under Chope if they consider you a walk-in) then leave quietly after your meal without making a fuss. OK we made the last bit up.
Your promo code will be sent to your email address once you sign up for the offer.
Chope-Dollars convert to KrisFlyer miles
Probably no reminder needed here, but for every 1,200 Chope-Dollars in your account you can redeem for 1,000 KrisFlyer miles.
We actually don’t think that’s the best value you can achieve from them because Chope vouchers for dining are also available and represent a much better return, but we can’t argue that it’s an easy KrisFlyer earning method with no upfront cost.
How much can you stack?
We won’t go through every offer in fine detail but here’s the best we think you can do with Chope under the current offers:
|Chope Dollars Earning Opportunities|
|Sign-up via the website for a welcome bonus||100|
|Download the app and apply code GETAPP to earn a bonus on your first app booking||400|
|New & Existing Users|
|Use code CHOPEKF400 to earn 400 CD on each of your next two bookings||800|
|Use your 7th birthday generated code to earn 400 CD on each of your subsequent seven bookings||2,800|
|After 9 completed bookings (10 for new users)|
|Total: Existing Users||800 + 2,800
|Total: New Users||100 + 400 + 800 + 2,800
Remember you’ll have to tick off the CHOPE400KF bookings by 31st July 2018 and the 7th birthday code bookings by 15th September 2018 to achieve all this.
If you can achieve it however as an existing user your 3,600 Chope-Dollars will net you 3,000 KrisFlyer Miles. New users taking advantage of the sign-up bonus will be well on their way to a 4,000 KrisFlyer mile transfer (possible once 4,800 Chope-Dollars are achieved).
Don’t forget once you’ve expired the 400 Chope-Dollar offers revert to the unlimited CHOPEKF promo code to continue earning 200 Chope-Dollars on every booking (assuming no better offers are available at the time).
Why you shouldn’t convert to KrisFlyer miles
Well we’ve said it before but everyone I chat to lately ignores our advice on this and does so anyway!
Chope-Dollars are basically ‘free’ because you earn them from booking a table at a restaurant you would otherwise have booked anyway (hopefully!).
That doesn’t mean they don’t have any value. As we outlined in our recent article if you exchange your Chope-Dollars for dining vouchers you can achieve a significantly better return than for KrisFlyer miles, assuming a 2-cent per mile valuation for the latter.
- 400 Chope-Dollars (CD) > S$10 voucher = 2.5 cents per CD
- 700 Chope-Dollars (CD) > S$20 voucher = 2.9 cents per CD
- 1,000 Chope-Dollars (CD) > S$30 voucher / discount code = 3.0 cents per CD
- 1,200 Chope-Dollars (CD) > 1,000 KrisFlyer Miles (S$20 value) = 1.7 cents per CD
Effectively you’d have to assume each KrisFlyer mile is worth 3.6 cents to reasonably justify redeeming Chope-Dollars this way, and they’re just not worth that.
As we’ve said before the vouchers aren’t ‘cash’ as they have usage restrictions and you might consider KrisFlyer conversion a simple option to unlock a particular redemption you have in mind, so there are reasons it can work for you too.
For regular diners this 7th birthday offer really nicely supplements the current KrisFlyer one with an opportunity for 400 Chope-Dollars on up to 9 of your upcoming restaurant bookings.
If you’re new to Chope there are even more earning opportunities to exploit on top of that.
We still don’t believe in converting Chope-Dollars to KrisFlyer miles but it’s an easy way to earn a quick boost if you need it, especially if you are close to a specific redemption, or if you genuinely wouldn’t take advantage of the voucher alternative.
(Cover Image: Chope)