Last week we wrote about Singapore Airlines’ new enhanced date range online award availability search function, making it quicker and easier than ever to pinpoint the redemption you need with the ability to skip through weeks’ worth of dates in just a few minutes.
Happily the same functionality has since been rolled out to the SingaporeAir mobile app too.
Star Alliance and partner airlines are included
When Singapore Airlines released its first version of the seven-day award search functionality in January 2019, it was only applicable to Singapore Airlines and SilkAir awards.
With this latest enhancement, the website and app now support seven-day award searching for these Star Alliance and partner airline redemptions too.
For example, it’s easy to scan through a whole week’s availability on ANA from Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur using the website (+/- 3 days):
Or using the mobile app (+/- 1 day):
Which Star Alliance and partner airlines?
It’s been two and a half years since Singapore Airlines first added Star Alliance and partner airline online award search functionality to its website.
Unfortunately it got off to a bad start, with only Air New Zealand, Lufthansa, Virgin America and Virgin Australia searches supported.
Four months later the situation had improved significantly, with 20 out of 26 Star Alliance Airlines and 1 out of 4 partner airlines supported through the online system.
Since April 2018 however, we haven’t looked again in detail at which airlines’ flights can and can’t be searched online, so it was time to rectify that.
First of all the bad news. It’s no longer possible to search or book Air Canada award seats using the KrisFlyer online search tool.
We don’t know if that is a permanent or temporary issue, however we found plenty of Air Canada awards this morning, both domestic and international in both Economy and Business Class, on the United and Aeroplan sites. It could not be replicated at all through the KrisFlyer search.
On to the good news though, the improvements. There have been some useful additions since we last checked.
- Asiana awards are now searchable and bookable online, including domestic flights within South Korea.
- Air New Zealand domestic awards are now searchable and bookable online. Previously availability was shown, but a price could not be computed for domestic services, so you had to call to book.
- Air New Zealand Business Class awards are now searchable and bookable online. Previously, Business availability showing on sites like united.com could not be replicated through KrisFlyer.
- TAP Air Portugal flight awards are now searchable online, but a price cannot be computed so booking must still be done over the phone.
Here’s how the KrisFlyer Star Alliance airlines list looks.
|Air New Zealand|
|LOT Polish Airlines|
|South African Airways|
|Swiss International Air Lines|
|TAP Air Portugal|
* Avianca Costa Rica, Avianca El Salvador and Avianca Ecuador awards are not searchable or redeemable online using KrisFlyer miles.
Air India awards continue to be offline only for both availability and booking. It is also still not possible to book ANA domestic award flights in Japan online, you can search availability but will have to call to book.
On the partner award side there has only been one major change.
- Vistara awards are now searchable and bookable online, including all three classes (Economy, Premium Economy and Business) on domestic flights within India.
Note that it is not yet possible to redeem Vistara international flights using KrisFlyer miles, including those to and from Singapore, either online or over the phone.
We are still awaiting an updated KrisFlyer redemption chart to reflect international flight award rates on Vistara, while the airline currently has its long-haul ambitions using new Boeing 787-9 aircraft on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s how the KrisFlyer partner airlines list looks.